Enhance Your Bathroom with Glass Shower Enclosure
Bathrooms are one of the most important spaces in any house where we start and finish our days. When it comes to bathroom renovation, one of the most popular features is a glass shower enclosure. If you are looking to completely transform the function and look of your bathroom, glass showers can be a great addition. However, you must know how to get started and which design is right for you. In this brief article, we will discuss everything you need to know about glass shower enclosures before undertaking a bathroom renovation project.
Advantages of Using Glass Shower Enclosures
Installing a glass shower in your bathroom is undoubtedly a big decision that is likely to provide you several important benefits.
- Purchasing glass shower enclosures for your bathroom is simple because they come in standard sizes. If you want it to be customized for your space, it can be tailored to match your exact specification. If your bathroom has non-standard measurements, customization may be necessary. This will make your shower design flexible. Accuracy of measurements is the key here and that is why it is always advisable to engage professionals to take the measurements.
- Glass doors are highly preferred these days because they provide a light, airy feeling to any bathroom. They open up the aesthetic and visual space of the room by keeping the lines of sight open. Your shower will be brighter and lighter without any shower curtains or walls to obstruct your view. You can also enhance your bathroom’s décor by showcasing special tile designs in your shower. Most importantly, this minimalistic look blends effortlessly with any style preference.
- By choosing glass enclosures for your bathroom, the risk of mold and mildew build-up can be minimised to a great extent. Fewer areas are available for the growth of mold and mildew because very little framework is required for these shower enclosures. Moreover, the glass can be specially treated, making it easier for you to clean and maintain its surface without any scrubbing.
Important Points to Consider
If you have decided to install a glass shower in your bathroom, you need to pick a model based on your preferences. You can create the perfect shower enclosure for your home by exploring different options and features available to you.
- First of all, decide on the type of glass enclosure you want. Framed, semi-frameless, and frameless are the three options you can choose from. Framed enclosures are the sturdiest and the most budget-friendly option, but not the sleekest of the three. Semi-frameless enclosures come with metal supports around the glass, but have little or no framing on the door. This option is sturdy enough with more aesthetic appeal compared to framed enclosures. Finally, frameless enclosures have the most minimalist look, and are the most popular option.
- When it comes to the glass, there are several options for you. Thickness of the glass is a major consideration here, and it depends on the type of frame and attachments you have selected. Depending on how you want the finished shower to look, you may opt for clear, low iron, patterned, or obscured glass.
If you are looking for glass shower enclosures featuring the latest styles and colours, please contact us at GM Fabrication. With 40 years of experience in custom glass furniture, we can deliver exactly what you need.